I'm all about making more money. In fact, I gave you some great ideas on how you can start to make more money without even taking on much more work in this article the other day. But just in case those ideas don't work for you, perhaps it's time to take on a side hustle so you can make more money!
Now, I know what you're thinking, "I don't have time for a side hustle." Well if you really want to make more money, you'll find the time in your schedule somehow.
One way to make side hustling easier on yourself is by finding one you love so it doesn't feel like work.
Here are 16 side hustle ideas you can use to make more money. Hopefully there will be at least one that appeals to you.
- Fiverr - There are lots of things you can do on Fiverr. A friend of mine, Cat @ Budget Blonde, used to offer writing services, like creating a biography for someone, as a service on Fiverr and she made a ton of money from it.
- Amazon - You can use Amazon to sell things you no longer need, like that stack of college textbooks. Get rid of those things before they are worthless!
- Ebay - Ebay is another site where you can get rid of things from around your house. You could also use Amazon or Ebay to "flip" things you buy at garage sales and then re-sell for more.
- Testing Websites - UserTesting.com is a website you can sign up for to test websites for companies to see if they are user-friendly. It only takes a few minutes to test a website and they usually pay $10/site.
- Freelance Job Sites - You can start a freelance business, like writing, being a virtual assistant, or something else, by joining a freelance job site, like Upwork, and offering your services.
- Etsy - If you are a crafter, like me, you can create an Etsy store to sell your creations. There are some tech services on Etsy too. I know a fellow blogger, Melanie @ Dear Debt, who bought her website theme on Etsy.
IRL Side Hustles
- Babysitting - If you can sit on babies, you can get paid. Just kidding! But seriously, baby sitting can be a gig that pays pretty well if you are willing to work on the weekends or on short notice.
- Housesitting - Some people actually pay a housesitter to watch their houses while they are gone. Me, I prefer to bribe my brother with some cookies. But hey! I'd totally be a house sitter if someone would pay me.
- Dogsitting/Petsitting - Again, much like babysitting only better because you can put dogs away in their kennels when they are bad.
- Uber or Lyft Driver - I used an Uber for the first time at FinCon this year and I'm kind of obsessed with it now. You can be an Uber of Lyft driver if you live in a city and can pass the companies' qualifications.
- Donate Plasma - There were plenty of kids in my college classes with permanent needle marks from donating plasma. How much you get paid varies by state, but it can be pretty lucrative if you don't mind donating fluid from your body on a regular basis.
- Computer Repair - This is my brother's current side hustle. He's pretty good at fixing people's computers, but not mine apparently.
- Become a Brand Ambassador - I love this idea from Melanie @ Dear Debt. I've never tried it myself though as there aren't events like this in my area.
- Cleaning Houses or Offices - One of my best friends in high school's job was to clean several office buildings around town on the weekends. She made pretty good money at it too. I also used to clean the building of my former employer, but now I just employ a cleaning lady for my own home instead.
- Mow Lawns - There's pretty good money to be made mowing lawns too.
- Painting - One of my IRL friends made so much money painting people's houses (interior and exterior) that she quit her job to do this full-time.
These are just a few ideas to get you started thinking of ways you can make more money. There are literally hundreds (if not thousands) more ideas and ways you can make more money.
Are you looking to make more money? Have you tried any of these ideas?